Strange

Sat, 08/13/2016 - 09:38 -- Bunni98

Strange days Its a new morning, Yet another strange dayThe estranged woman in me struggles to find lips in the morning A strange morning.A lost feeling as I try to push away the thoughts of you.You shouldn't be my first thought when the lights find its way through curtains.Everything between when I push away that thoughtAnd when I turn off the lights to see your face--Is a blur.Just how it used to be. Nothing will change in the months or years that go by--Just as if you were here.The same obsession.The same love.But no body to caress. No lips to warm mineNo arms to swallow me wholeNo legs to render me motionlessNo inching out of your arms so you wont hear the creeping of toes across floorboards. It's a strange night.Reading the new book tonightHoping to get lost in a world thats not mineI turn off the lights to obscure facesAnd the warmth of a body that isn't there.The night renders me motionless as if legs were still about these sheetsA nose still close to mineA face so distantYet lucid all the same. My eyes shutter open to lightand my body has yet to move-- I think of you.It's a strange morning.