The Struggle

It gets real out here on these streets the pressure is real to sling crack and smoke tweeds

Higher education don’t seem to be no goal, why? When girls can sit up on the corner making money as a hoe

A one parent house hold that holds five kids, mama working like a slave daddy is not doing a thing

No one is pushing you to do better dreams of going to college floating a way like a feather

There isn’t no one to heighten your dreams, only seems like someone cares when they putting you down

So we walking round saying what future? These streets are where I’m from, where I live and where I’m gone stay

But we still dream of being able to hop on that bus and get away one day

To a faraway place where these streets are far behind is, in the miss of the abyss

We pray to god that we have the strength to rise to the occasion, selling things to get money our TVs and play stations

How else we gone pay for college? When it’s obvious our society don’t give a damn about us

Despite our circumstance we still reach for our dreams, to we educations the key, to help us to be all that we want and we wish we could be