Sweet Darkness

Its dark. I don't know where I am anymore; I could be dead, I could be asleep. All I know is that I don't care anymore. I feel peace here and I don't feel pain anymore. My cares are gone and I feel free. I'm not trapped anymore.No one can hurt me. No one cared Anyways. I was an outcast in the world. Put here to be made fun of and be told that I didn't matter. The darkness, sweet and thick, is all that cares for me anymore. People have tried to get me out of the darkness before, I've seen their hands but when I finally get up the courage to reach out and grab them they pull away. They leave me stranded here floating in nothing. It's okay though, I've grown to like the darkness. My body is cold and lifeless. Floating in nothing and feeling nothing. I  hear voices but I cant speak to them.They must be from the other side of the darkness. I was there once a long time ago.It was bright, beautiful,and full of color.That ended when I realized I didn't belong there. I realized I wasn't worth the beauty. The people up there told me so I decided to leave that day. Make their lives better and mine "better". I hear someone calling me again. I see their hand reaching for me. I reach out and feel the pull. I'm being pulled through the dark and start to see the light. I open my eyes to see that I'm in a white room, in  a bed, surrounded by my crying family . My attempt of leaving failed and this time it took a toll on my family and me. The darkness called and I answered. I enjoyed it while I could. I'm not sad that I'm out of it though because I know I'll be back. I could never resist the call of the sweet sweet darkness.