Ten Honest Thoughts on Myself

Ten. I can't stand myself sometimes but honestly who loves themselves one hundred percent of the time? Pictures are worth one thousand words but smiles can hide one million.

Nine. They fight often always disagreeing, my heart and my concience. To follow my desires or to take the logical way out is the most recent argument. Why live your life in black and white when dreams can scream with color? If my thoughts ever win, I question if I even have the abilities to make it out slive so my dreams have their chance.

Eight. I love myself, seven. I hate myself, six. I love myself. 

Five. I am strong. I am wise. I am the most important person in my life and I will embrace it.

Four. When you're small everyone tells you to be yourself and follow your dreams but as you grow older you are drowned with them.

"That won't make your family money."

"If you keep that habit up, who's going to stand living with you?"

"I'm not sure you will be able to make a living with that."

"You need to gain these certain charachteristics if you're going to be able to find a good man."

"You need to be able to support your wife with that job, can you do it?"

I believe that it is time to start living for myself. My dreams are my own and why the hell should I care what others think of them? I believe that it is time to start living for my dreams and to stop letting people choke me out with them.

Three. I love reading because I can escape for a little bit with words straight from other people's mouths, but life is a never ending book, and I am my own author. I will make it amazing.

Two. I am strong. I am amazing.

One. In the end, it only matters what I think of myself. I am ever changing and ever growing. I am not the same person I was when I was bullied in gradeschool. I am not the same person I was my freshman year of highschool. I am not the same person I was yesterday even. I acknowledge this, and I embrace it, and I have learned to accept myself, even if no one else does.