Thin Ice

Sat, 02/14/2015 - 23:39 -- garaudy

In the beginning I was always scared. Never able to say what  I thought or felt. It was nothing less than torture. Forever crippled by the fear of being unnaccepted. Always tiptoeing trough life like perpetually crossing a lake of thin ice. Sometimes the ice would crack. An amusing thought would pass my mind and on its way out it would be stopped  just short of freedom.Yet another prisoner pressed against enamel covered iron bars in my mouth. Never one mistake until I met someone new and then the unthinkable occurred. A prisoner escaped, conversation halted, and I fell into the cold abyss below . There was no going back. I was going to drown there for sure so there was no longer a point in a filter. As the words flew from my mouth I became lighter and lighter. Floating blissfully to the surface. When I surfaced the ice was gone and never returned. She and I were swimming In the warm water together and I loved every second of it