- Hold your children.
- If you are going to be shitty at least be consistent.
- The truth is important (but sometime you need to wait until someone asks).
- Anger and pain are not bad things.
- Even if other people can be reliable you can only rely on yourself. People die, they are impulsive and inconsistent.
- You do not owe anyone anything but the same goes for everyone else.
- Talk is cheap and actions can be self-centered.
- Do not get caught up in a victim mentality, even if you have experienced the most awful, traumatizing, crippling event. Life will move on and it will leave you behind.
- Do not let anyone, even yourself, tell you it is too late.
- Life is unfair, it always was and always will be. You can use this to your advantage.
Need to talk?
If you ever need help or support, we trust CrisisTextline.org for people dealing with depression. Text HOME to 741741