To those who say feminism is no longer necessary

Sat, 01/20/2018 - 17:22 -- alexajm

I am a feminist

I am a feminist because I walk down the street and I become a live sex doll.

I am a feminist because society tells me my body will get me farther than my brain.

I am a feminist because when I was assaulted my boyfriend asked me why I trusted my predator in the first place.

I am a feminist because my depression was thought of as typical female insecurity.

I am a feminist because I'm forced to draw on winged eyeliner to catch male attention.

I am a feminist because my perky tits and round ass are the only thing I get compliments for.

I am a feminist because when I was bleeding and suffocating under an abusive relationship, people told me that I was asking for it.

I am a feminist because when I was 13 my boyfriend told me I wasn't allowed to wear skirts to school because I would attract a male gaze other than his.

I am a feminist because when I was 15 a boy gave me a present then expected me to fuck him.

I am a feminist when I was 16 a boy tried to claim my body as his property without my consent.

I am a feminist because my body is a craving to you and you feel you deserve to be satisfied by it.

I am a trophy to be won.

I am a prize to be had.

I am a feminist because I carry pepper spray on my keys.

I am a feminist because I can't leave my drink alone at a party.

I am a feminist because I sit through that party hearing rape jokes and objectification like its no big deal.

I am a feminist because almost every girlfriend I have has been assaulted.

I am a feminist because rapists walk free when there is of proof of their violence.

I am a feminist because when boys were mean to me I was told that just meant they liked me.

I am a feminist because men give me compliments then expect me to fuck them.

I am a feminist because when I was 18 a classmate told me it would be a compliment if I got raped.

I am a feminist because I am constantly destroyed.

I am a feminist because I have struggled and bled and endured.

I am a feminist because rape culture is normalized.

I am a feminist because my father has been calling me a domesticated bovine since I was in middle school.

I am a feminist because the violence against my gender and my body are petrifying.

I am a feminist because I should not have to be nice to avoid danger.

I am a feminist because I deserve to walk freely without the fear of violence and retaliation.

I am a feminist because there is no other way to be.