...... by Trevon Swayzer

" upon approaching her door , i knocked waiting to see her smile . She answers the door but she is not in sight . She stood there behind the door in her underwear with not a face I've ever recognized ... 

The closer i get to her the more i could feel the distance in her emotion , she would not talk to me , my abilities to make her smile could not sustain at that moment ... My mind draws a blank with these words ... Pure silence .. So unfamiliar  a feeling my minds still draws a blank as i write .... I lay upon her bed and stare into her eyes as if her soul would talk to me but her skin boiled she does feel at that moment her anger will not let her... I wish i could feel what she felt ... I wish i knew her worries .. I wish her pain was gone and that anyway possible she would feel what i felt ... But i feel nor think at this moment ... She disappears without a trace of her smile ... My heart explodes a million time and my mind only thinks the worst .... My only wish was too make her happy .. At this moment i have failed ... Only sorrow , a feeling i cant explain in words nor song .. The pain slowly drifts in and in .... No words have been left as i lay here .. I look for escape in her but reality only allows happiness for a just second .... As i walk out of her room to find her ... Pure emptiness ... Words cant describe the cold feeling in the air ... Cold as the food she has cooked upon the counter waiting for me .... She only wants my happiness to flourish ... I only want to see her happy .... In this moment complete failure .... I walk outside of her house and sat upon the curb looking for something i could never find ... I owe her my heart ... I would advance it on and on to her forgetting everything in the path ... She means the world to me and at that second the world slows ... My world freezes in unison ... I cannot find her nor a thought in my mind .... Lost, i don't seem to find myself .... For i have lost her .... Happiness ..... Where have i been so long ? .... Are we all just colors and shapes ? Searching for a use in this world .. Finding Guilt in our faults as humans , i don't know how time works , is it really everlasting ? This place is far it is barren here and there are no lights ... She seems distant as does a the stars but her light's rays subdue . .. I'd fight total darkness to be seen or burn prideful .... " — T. Swayzer

shiane.salabie

"Are we all just colors and shapes" and "I'd fight total darkness to be seen or burn prideful" are both such beautiful and strong lines in this peace. Such a bittersweet poem. I felt your sorrow through your words. Excellent work.