The Tulip

Once upon a time there was an undefeated beast that every living and nonliving creature would fear. Ginormous, Enormous, Extraordinary trees would collapse at his sight or tremble through his sound. His roar was impenetrable every giraffe, elephant, alligator, lion, bear, shark would kneel or bowl their heads as they heard him pass by. He was the most feared at least to say. He is covered in dark brownish fur his head is the most petrifying part of his body he has large canine teeth that penetrate flesh. He is twenty feet wide and thirty-five feet high.  I on the other hand am insignificant to this beast I am but a tiny spec on a dandelion. You puff on me and I blow away like a balloon that has lost all of its helium. I observe everyone and everything, at times some people share their darkest secrets and fears.

What most people don’t know is that even though I am a small spec, I AM ALIVE. I can soar across the breeze like a tornado in a thunderstorm electrified and enriched with lightning. The thunder enlightens me and fills me with self confidence and power. I can put different dimensions together like a jigsaw puzzle; one dimension on top of another until they collide and collapse and fall. My mother the flower calls for me I hear her song through the butterfly that flies above me. She whispers through the grass fields its time for a cultivated season of love prospering and good riches to endear.

I spin, drinking gin, when I win, in my zin. Becoming one with myself is opening truths to what I desire. I aspire to be the change for the little tulip peeking out in the meadow. Greetings tiny tulip twirl a swirl into a whirl of musical notes. Sing high and mighty and don’t let a beast tie you down. He moves like a weasel into the darkness acting like a sly and roguish animal that he is. He tries to pluck you from this earth ripping you apart, devouring your dreams, slaying the light inside you. I won’t let you down for I am but only a spec; but a spec that sees the gleaming light in the pistil of your stem that holds life.

I unravel the earth as I try to get to you, moving through twisted weeds, that leads to dead trees. I see him through God’s speed he comes after you. I speed like a steed in a race. A race where I find out I am too late. His ravishing feature swallows the innocent creature that had been attended for goodness, greatness, good will. He feeds off her violet petals, the stigma is next he plucks you out like a mouse in a trap ready for extermination, the sepals are nothing but useless as they protect your flower bud, he reaches your ovary where life begins and slowly rips you into pieces. I am a spec, but I have witnessed the tragedy of evil and good. For I am a spec that can change the world. You are not only a beast but a beautiful tulip that has dreams. You ate her so therefore you will become her. The beast begins to roar louder than before, he shivers, breaks down and falls to his knees. I am just a spec that will change the world and you are a tulip that will help me.