Understanding

Fri, 07/26/2013 - 16:40 -- waki7

Who are you? Who are you to say what I am not? Who are you to know what I could become? Does ascertaining yourself as better than others make you better? You do not understand what you have accomplished.

Who are you to not be tolerant? Who are you to assume your way is the only way? Who are you to not accept those who are different? You are different.

Who are you to ignore others? Who are you to value your time so highly? You time is valueless.

Who are you to undermine someone for the time they have spent reaching for the stars? Who are you to evaluate someone's effort or their accomplishments? Of course, you have never made an effort to understand.

Who are you to flaunt your accomplishments? Who are you to take your opportunities for granted? Who are are you to not understand what people have done for you? Who are you to be so arrogant, to be so ignorant?

If you are so tenacious as to not understand others in respect to yourself then you don't understand yourself.

The idea of setting a goal in order to help yourself or others is one frequently overlooked. Much too often people set goals to simply better compete in society's hierarchy, where the people on top simply become more prideful and arrogant. They too often flaunt their accomplishments in a manner in which they undermine others' accomplishments.

To be humble means to be able to fully understand the opportunities you have received and to accept that you do not understand everyone elses' opportunities. To be humble means to appreciate what you have received and to understand what your effort has gotten you and why. To be humble means to accept people's faults. To be humble means to accept the arrogant. To be humble means to not judge but to also accept those who judge. To be humble means to be able to help others without fear of how could you have been helping yourself. To be humble means to believe that everyone deserves the truth. To be humble means to believe the best in everybody. I believe in humility.