Unworthy Lies

Sovereign over my life     I   yusysys        I usurped it in my own way    Yet I failed myself every single day    I can handle it, i surmised    Yet I went on and on  Buying into my own lies    They came and went    but always made a dent    Getting to me, irritating my mind like a strident noise    I heard His voice    His promises    His care for me    I got this God, don't worry about me    Never truly happy or never truly sad    The temperance of my life had me stuck in between    Me v. Myself was a vehement scheme    I felt dead, foul, nasty, dirty    I was too blind to see you were worthy    Yet you saw past my shame and my guilt    And showed me a way out of this cage I had built    His gentle voice I finally adhered    "I've been here all along and here I am still"    His way,    I thought, truncated my will    Those lies still remained, vociferious in my head    I had tried all else, yet my heart remained dead    A variegated future is my biggest desire    But all my life I had listened to the liar    Somehow my mind was always in a tirade  I finally had to admit, I finally had to quit    I looked up to the One who gave His only begotten Son    He died for me, and no I didn't deserve it    But somehow he told me, "You were worth it"