what are we really learning

New York, the big apple, where in a city that never sleep, big dream can happen  as long as your dream is the same no matter what the odds are Here we learn, we must conform; to learn the same with the monotanous common core what is the common core? what about our creativity? whatever to using our imagination? Have you lawmakers been to our nyc schools lately? You cannot teach an entire class all the same; we are not all the same School breeds ideas and sparks turn to flames if not extinguish A script for the teachers only teaches dependency based on false curriculums that has nothing to do with our realities And nothing is gained by those in attendance. If you fill our minds with useless memorization Then how do we find the future leaders of our nation? Confidence comes from triumph over failure But we must know one before we find the other. Are perfect scores what we really need? assessments tests is irrelevant to what our needs are Have you even seen the tests we read? They teach us nothing that is meaningless in which we forget intentionally Except when our country’s damnation was set. Knowledge is gained from the one-on-one And teachers whose passion is second to none. Do not string us along like puppets Our generation is so much stronger Than your ideas of an ideal system And your fabricated lies of wisdom. Wisdom is not just being smart It is also knowing to follow your heart and stand up for something with purpose And applying all that you have learned And know your success was earned. So tell me New York, you don't see what the problem is This isn't who we are We need to take the world by storm And learn to deviate from this “norm”. For we are individuals. not just osis numbers in the nyc public school system