What do you want me to be?

Sun, 01/01/2017 - 10:23 -- kentuan

Well what do you want me to be Dad? Do you want me to puff my chest out and speak with bass in my voice? Or would you rather me hang with the guys and talk about girls all day? Ooo no I got it, you'd rather me sling crack and fit the stereotype placed upon young African American males, No? Well what is it that you want from me? I would kill to know. Clearly a education isn't enough. My good grades aren't enough. My drive for knowledge will never be enough. All my life I've yearned for the right answer, whether it be on a test or a final and I've always found it, except for now. What could I possibly do for your approval? What could I possibly say? Is there anything I could do to make who I am ok? A fathers legacy tarnished by his only sons actions. A sons ambitions never enough to fix his one and only mistake. Hardships. Misfortunes. Misery. All synonyms for my life. It can weigh a person down. Alter their mindset, shift beliefs, even cause a person to feel so low that life itself is worthless. Is this what you want? Do you want my sorrow to build? My emotions to explode? Do you want to wake up one day to a lifeless body, a body that had screamed for so long for someone to help? So once again I ask of you, well what do you want me to be? Since you wont accept who I've come to be.