What is a Woman?

Fri, 01/24/2014 - 18:20 -- eab396

What is a woman? A worker who wiles away her weary hours waiting, washing, and watching the door for her master to march into the mess? For what is a man but the manager, moderator, and meal ticket? A man takes matters into mind, and administers each miniscule task to his municipal with magnanimity. Surely the world knows that a woman would wholly be hollow without the wisdom and wealth that her male mate transmits?

Who is she that so wantonly wallows in the ways of womanly willpower? Why, we as women wrinkle our whiffers at the weest whiff of wildness. We rankle and whine and wail “WHORE! WHORE!” at a woman who dares to wears the wrong colored wedding dress. Who is this hooker, Harleton, this working girl who dares to wait awhile before she weds? How dare she while away her wetting years with work, wine and worthlessness? Nevermind that, in the minds of the many, if a man marries prematurely, he is a moron. A man who marries before midlife is making a monstrous mistake, and his mates remind him of his muddle many times.

The well-informed know that a woman is for whelping. A woman who wards off the wee waddling write-offs is the worst kind of worm. We wrangle her reason with our wicked, worn-out, and wide of the mark words until her will has been whittled to worn-out exhaustion, and she whispers her withdrawal from the warmth and well-being of her previous life with a breath of words on the wind, “…You win.”

But is this truly the heart of a woman? Is this weakling, waste of a wimp the whole of who we are? Or is she more? The mothers the matronly matriarch whom the children admire and mind, is the true master of many a domicile. He may be out at the bar, but “the Mrs.” manages the money, and mediates the melees of the moppets. Is she not more? The mistresses of monetary management on Manhattan’s Wall Street are making moves for a metamorphosis in the meaning of the name “Female”.

So really, what is a woman but what we make or her? Might we find amity in the modification of the demeanor of the meeker sex? May she make a meeting between the mother and the mistress of monetary gain as she makes amends with herself and the mob? Or will she wallow in the ways that have been well-set before her with wrinkled withered hands or the women who went before her?

...Maybe.