Who am I?

Who am I really? Can you see through the wall I have built, to keep me standing? Through the years I have been broken and torn down and yet, I still rise. I am striving to be a better person than you ever was. I will not let you tear me down anymore. I am a strong. Even though you’re doing everything you can to see that I don’t make it further than you, but I will make it somehow.  I won’t give up. I look back and see how far I have come so far. I think I’m doing ok but ok isn’t enough for me. I want the best for me and my future. I won’t settle for less than I deserve. My dream has been to become a nurse so I can help people.  I want to do everything for my patients because I know I can. I know it’s going to be a struggle since you’re constantly tearing me down. It’s been over a year now since I left your home and we haven’t spoken, I know it doesn’t bother you one bit, you like to see your baby girl fail. I will do this; I will become the nurse that makes a difference. Even if costs me every penny, once of sleep, and minute I have. I have to be better than this.