Within (p.)

1. Inside something: the coldness within her heart the multitude of thoughts within her head saying she’s not worth living within her wrecked, smashed, bleeding body. The boy who feels longing coursing within his body, waiting to say something to the girl on the bus that hides within herself; the multitudes of conversations he has with her within his imagination.

2. Inside range of (area or boundary): her life within her home could be better, their house is within a good neighborhood but everyone stays within their fancy cold corners. His home is loud and noisy his parents and four siblings live within a small apartment. The hallways within his sanctuary are filled with garbage and foul smelling odors. They know the memories built within homes that they grew up in stay with them forever.

3. In course or period of:  within their friendship there are secrets told in only a few weeks time. Within a month they were always with each other whether it was smiles or tears they shared. They faced the struggle of school within their senior year together until that fateful day where their friendship fell.

4. Before the end of: she was smiling even if it was forced, and he felt he was finally doing something good. Within the last day she wrote a letter saying that this time he has made her feel special, but he couldn’t fix something as badly broken as her. Within the end of her life she thought of him and whispered, “I’m sorry”.