You Changed My Story

Dear Alexander Hamilton,

How does it feel to be viewd as a Hero that changed the World?

How do you feel about being the "bastard, orphan, son of a whore" that has changed people's lives because of what you've done

In your honor, people have told your story through literature, music, and theater

It has left the world "Helpless"

Mr. Secretary, you have shown thousands of people the clarity of the "eye of a hurricane"

The retelling of your story has taught people that the "World is wide enough" for ALL of us, no matter what kind of life we came from

The purpose of this letter, Mr. Hamilton, Sir, is to give you Thanks on behalf of not just myself, but of the thousands of hearts you've moved

Your story has taught me that I should work "Non-Stop"

I should, no, we ALL should work for this world, so when we die, those who live may tell our story

"History has its Eyes" on us

You have worked hard alongside your friends to fight for this world in the past

Its our turn to fight for its future

So, once again, Thank You Alexander Hamilton

"I will not throw away my shot"

"I have the Honor to be Your Obediant Servant",

Ricardo Guerrero

This poem was inspired by the Broadway Musical, Hamilton by Lin Manuel Miranda.

The music and play has changed my life. And I strongly recommend it to anyone who loves music, theater, or history.

Citation for Lyrics used: Hamilton: An America Musical. Performances by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Leslie Odom Jr., Phillipa Soo, and Jonathan Groff. Atlantic Records, 2015. 

Image used, which was labeled for reuse: Alexander Hamilton portrait by John Trumbull 1806.jpg