You will wake. You will write.

One day you will wake up and the world will be turned on its axis.

You’ll fall in love or you’ll fall out of it, someone important will be born or die, you will be filled with indescribable joy or sadness. It doesn’t matter what happens, but the paradigm is shifted now.

People pretend they know how anything feels but it’s different for everyone. Emotions are fluid and different.

So you’ll pen something. Type it out on a phone, listen to the clicking keys on a computer or write it with pen on paper. The ink might as well be your blood because you are letting pieces of you into the words you create, and, little by little, it all makes sense.

Your feelings make more sense when they’re out on paper, it’s almost like writing love letters and never sending them or typing out reply texts but deciding to let them go.

Poetry is the way we make sense of our emotions, sometimes in nonsensical poems. Sometimes the nonsensical poems are the best ones. They’re the most real, the most true to the realief they provided the author.

One day you will wake up and realize just how much about yourself and the world around you that you don’t know yet.

And you will write to figure it out.

--A.B, 12:48 PM: The list of what this poem was helping me make sense of is longer than the poem itself.