Your Little Flower

Dear Dad,    You used to call me florita, your little flower. I’m no longer a little delicate flower; I have now grown to be a fully blossomed strong, healthy, and independent flower. Although you weren’t in my life very much for about the past seven years, you have hurt me and it felt like you tearing rather than plucking petals from me rather than watering me. I still remember when you were upset with me and called me horrible names in Spanish because you didn’t think I understood, but I understood perfectly. Or the time when you’d drive off angrily because I wanted to stay with mom during your weekend. On the other hand, I have learned to grow from your mistakes and mine, but I believe more than you learned how to. Well your little flower just got accepted to Boise State University to major in Kinesiology, where I can help other flowers stay strong and healthy. However, this now grown flower is willing to become closer and work through our troubles from the past and build a healthier relationship; only if you are able to do the same because this flower will still love you no matter how much you’ve hurt them. Additionally and admittedly, no matter how independent and mature I act, I will always be your little flower; you have really hurt me in the past but you will always be in my heart because you’re my dad. By the way, your little flower misses you since she hasn’t seen you in over a year, so visit me soon okay? Miss you always,Forever your florita