After Love

There’s something sickly sweet in the spring air.

I can’t quite find the word, neither can I see the world when you’re not here

The moon is sinking in the sea, and the blood in my body doesn’t circulate, paralyzed as the stars slowly disappear.

I wish we lasted longer, as I walk with the clouds that cry with me.

Are you happy, feeling stronger in his hands that hold you when you fall asleep.

Crystal glass flowers that grow in your heart that the sun couldn’t shine brighter than, but as the seasons fly away, their shards litter the streets with autumn’s golden red dry rain.

Lonely and cold that’s how these days go, silent and still is the world as the wind blows.

Maybe it was all a green screen, produced by a foolish heart in love.  

My eyes are shut, but these tears cascade in colors of these memories. The bed feels like ice without your warmth, trapped in the winterstorm.

So the dust gathers and our hearts have shattered and scattered down the road, around the bend where oceans overflow.

Then the memories turn gray with time, and the stars twinkle, magenta fire and silver moonlight casting ghostly outlines in my caffeinated confines.

Baby, I’m not a monster, but I’m out of my mind, cause in the end, I’m the one all alone, hand glued to the telephone, frozen are the hours, so is this home of ours.   

Everything I say is an echo….echo. Can’t let go, the stalactites, stalagmites are closing in my brain, all around me the mountains crumble and the stars fall into the fire of roses, and all I do is walk away.

One would think that after so many years, things would’ve changed, but the madness and sadness only continues to blaze.

As long as your heart’s beating, so is mine, and whatever that pains you let me take it away, for you are my all.

It’s awfully lonesome up here in this desolated city, lost in thought looking out the window, in the sky, in the sea, where you lie in my dreams.

So here I stand with broken wings, where the suns lay in waste, and halo of lights shining only for you babe.

Intoxicated with a thousand wines, ink pouring out the lines on the computer screen. I’m beyond saving but red, violet, blue carnivals spin in my heart when I think of you.

I look out and the rain is gone, a ring of colors appear, and I hear the swan’s song.

You must be happy then, I’ll live as the lone phoenix, burning for you, reborn to protect you when you’re struggling to get through.   

It’s near the end, last second of the last shot, lights camera action...the love is dead and gone, into the cold dawn.