And if you are afraid

Fri, 07/20/2018 - 13:03 -- MrAli

No One

I repeat No One.
Fear is inevitable. But what breeds courage is the fact that we move forward in-spite of that fear. We can all be bold and courageous but what counts is who speaks the truth in the hardest time, who stands when everyone is told to sit quietly by a tyrant.

I realise courage is one of the most important trait of a human personality. Without it you can not practice any other trait, be it love, loyalty, sincerity, or even hatred with consistency.

I will not say that those of you who are afraid are less than others. No, you’re not. But you also need to believe this.
Have you ever thought that the person you’ve been friends with, the one person who has shared her dreams and desires with you, might have needed you in the times of need, and she’d been too weak to even think straight but couldn’t ask for help because you never showed up, because you were scared to show up.
Even when you’ve had promised to be by her side, you didn’t check up on her because you weren’t sure if you’d be wanted there or not.
So you left.

In the night, when you lay down to sleep, with your arms curled around your girlfriend, do you remember that one girl you loved? And when she told you that she reciprocated that love for you. The promises of redemption, did they all turn to dust and blinded you from seeing the truths?
The girl who understood you unlike the girl beside you, or anyone you had ever met, does she never cross your mind? Doesn’t it scare you for how badly it kills her every-time she sees you showering your love on the girl you don’t even truly love?
Don’t you hear those screams she utter in her words, or even her silences?
It wasn’t the lack of love or respect, then What was it that made you leave? It were only your demons that scared you. The ghosts that told you that you weren’t good enough for her, so instead of silencing those voices inside of your head, you listened to them, you gave up, you couldn’t brush up the courage to take risks and leap of faith.
What’s worth it, will always be hard, it won’t be given to you in the silver utensil, you have to get your hands dirty for it and make your own utensil out of mud, but trust me, it’s all worth it.
Fear took hold of your soul that you settled for less than you deserved, the potential in you kept on shouting to be freed, to risk , to go for adventures but you didn’t allow it.

The voices in your head told you that you weren’t worthy of the love I offered you. You could have driven them away, fought back and cage every single thought that brought you down, but you didn’t. You let them win, so you pushed me away, far away from yourself where I wasn’t allowed to love you. You didn’t let me love you, even though you knew I was the one who could save you from darkness, from your demons, from yourself.

Listen to me, you’ve lost a lot due to your fears. You can’t do this all your life. You can’t hide from your feelings, considering they’ll fade away, or they’re insignificant.
You’re scared to death thinking the ‘what ifs’ of it not working out. What about if it does work out? Will anything be more beautiful than you achieving the thing you want most because you didn’t let your fear bring you down, you didn’t let life steal away something precious from you that you might not ever find again. This makes it worth the risk. You’d always have to leave something behind to get something better, but for that, You have to trust yourself and jump, Believing that you won’t fall on your face but will learn to fly soon enough.
Even if you ever fail, you can rest with the peace and contentment in your heart that you fought and tried for what you loved.

The worst thing about not being courageous, is that you abandon people, even if you had never intended it, after all the claims of love and support. Your loved one needed you in the darkest time, and mostly they shut people out in grief, and your mere presence could have made it better, but you are too scared to knock at the door. It does nothing but aggravate the pain they’re suffering. You need to learn the difference of the comfortable and the agonising silence. I know you love them, I know you’d never ‘want’ to hurt them but that doesn’t matter, because somehow you did. Your words and actions didn’t complement each other. When you care for someone, it takes effort to show, it takes courage to love someone.

You have to make yourself believe that you’re not a bad person. The fear that makes you do wrong decisions, kill that fear. Kill that part of you that has led you astray. Kill that part of you that wants and has always wanted ease. Renew yourself, into courageous better selves.
It’s said, “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage” -Lao Tzu.

Your courage and bravery is the essential part of your love for them.

Most importantly, you need to be courageous for your love for GOD. You might be the greatest of sinner, you can’t let devil tell you that you can’t be forgiven, His mercy sees all, His mercy is beyond our limitations. If you hear the voices that tell you that you won’t ever be good enough of a person, or you can’t stand in the salah in front of Him so you should just live up this life of sins, then please, call all those voices the greatest bluff. The moment you brush up the course to give up sins, the moment you step back, you are forgiven. Know that you’re loved, no matter what. Just trust yourself.

Most people fear it, but there is a certain beauty in honesty, vulnerability and courage. At 2am , If you miss me, don’t just text me a “hi” , brush up the courage,just text me that you miss me, that how great it would be if we were together, or if you were worried if I had eaten properly, or ask me if I have trouble sleeping or if the wild thoughts of you keep me awake all night along the moon. I want that kind of honesty by which you say it all as it is, that makes you fearless of the consequences that you might face. I want you to be fearless to show your love and care for me. The kind in which Not a slightest speck of embarrassment touches you if you tell me how much you miss me. Then I swear to my Lord, I’ll fall for you right away, and i’ll fall so hard that I’m afraid I may never recover.

I pray that you find courage to do the right thing and it’ll help you find your way back home. May you save yourself from the demons that eat you up silently but you never dare to talk about them, may you be brave enough to uncage your thoughts.

-Someone who cares.

By

Rimsha Rameen

AuthorPosted on