Autumn Rain

Sun, 11/08/2015 - 23:50 -- Cpayt1

Locations

Brooklyn, New York, NY
202 York Street
67218

Straight out of the autumn rain blood covered leaves spring the chalk outline of our brown sons 

with their melanin faded; our ancestors turn pale due to the lack of oxygen blocked from rusted chains. 

Straight out of the autumn rain blood covered leaves spring the slick black perm parted cuts, jet black and pinstripe tuxedo. 

Accompanying is the elegant blessed body spirit of a fighter. Decorated in the gold of a goddess, mother of nature. 

Lipstick a man-killer, that woman is a danger. 

The Cotton Club is open folks. 

Straight out of the autumn rain blood covered leaves spring the backseat sitters. 

These Uncle Ben lips, her Aunt Jemima hips and this black face under black face conceal the water fountain of segregation. 

Mama, why they got--, child hush up. 

I had a dream that by any means necessary your children need your presence more than your presents 

Santa Claus isn't knocking on the door my sweet honey, the bees are here to take your nectar 

Stab you, drench you and 

Straight out of the autumn rain blood covered leaves spring the Good Times. 

We're moving on up to the East side. Yeah, that's right baby! Dynamite! As I clap my hands and jive my neck. Listen you ol' stride turkey! 

Straight out of the autumn rain blood covered leaves spring a strong black family. A Doctor and a lawyer 

Five kids: one with a family, one in college  and many on the way 

Tell me about a happy family. Now add a nerd because family matters. 

Straight out of the autumn rain blood covered leaves spring a new generation. 

Pants low, body firmed, smoking weed and relationships are now a season. 

My eyes catch your eyes and a gun goes off on a greeting spree 

and Lord knows why we only unite when an opposite attacks. 

Straight out of the autumn rain blood covered leaves spring a New Negro 

and this New Negro has seen it all from a age of Kings and Queens to the age of the minority. 

Straight out of the autumn rain blood covered leaves spring a melanin soul.