Because I still love you...

Because I love you, I supported you in everything you did because I knew you could do it even though you'd tell me that you couldn't because you're a failure and had already given up on yourself.

Because I love you, I held your hand when you were having an anxiety attack because I knew that my comforting touch would quell your mind even if it was just for a second.

Because I love you, I held you in my arms when your depression kicked in because I knew that you needed to just let all your tears out and I was always there.

Because I love you, I tried taking the pain you felt off of your shoulders just so you wouldn't be so overwhelmed with life.

Because I love you, we built a connection, an unbreakable bond, that brought us closer together to the point where we became inseparable.

Because I love you, I had to let you go because despite all of those tear-stricken promises, I knew you weren't happy anymore.

Because I love you, I'm allowing you to stay in my life even though it pains me to call you just a friend.

"Why am I doing this?" I ask myself that all the time and the answer is always the same.

I endure all of this because I love you... and I always will whether the feeling is mutual or not because I want to believe in my heart that deep down you secretly still love me too.