Birds of a feather

Zambia

Birds Of A Feather

They say birds of a feather flock together,

But you and I ain’t birds of a feather,

We’re just two strangers stuck underneath a stormy weather.

Don’t take me wrong I ain’t trying to lead you on, I’m just offering a shoulder to lean upon.

Quit staring at me like you’ve seen a ghost, and stop humming that song,

You’re deliberately acting like a damsel in distress,

Because you know am going to act like a gentleman and keep you in my embrace.

We’re not birds of a feather so please don’t take my kindness for weakness

Listen up lady I know you’re scared but quit shivering like a three year old who just caught a fever,

For God’s sake your why are you holding on tight to my body as if we’re on a ledge that’s a million floors in the sky when we standing on solid ground.

And what’s with those soft noises you keep making every single time you see lightening flash up in the sky,

You’re supposed to be screaming, and don’t the way you deal with fear we both know that a slim blue lie so exactly what emotion are you trying to deliver,

Please stop trying to jump every time thunder booms up, woman what are you trying to achieve,

You’re lucky an elderly woman just walked in the shelter otherwise I would have scolded you like the three year old you’re trying to be.

Ohh a taxi would you look at that I think in my mind its like this to good to be true am so happy and shocked this is something my mind can barely believe.

We not birds of a feather please allow me to leave.

I know you’re not scared.

• Emmanuel Rayan Daka