Breathe

Breathe.
Broken. Helpless. Hurt. Cast down. These words burnt a whole into Kendra’s heart.
Breathe.
A cold dead hand digging and scratching at her body trying to find its way in. Trying to find a way to the warmth that it so helplessly wanted and needed. But the hand shrank away in disgust. For there was no warmth to be found. No life. No hope that it so desperately needed.
Breathe.
Instead it found a broken heart, a body cast away from its loved ones and thrown to rot. Kendra took a shallow breath and opened her eyes. She sat under a weeping willow fit for her mood.
Breathe.
Weeping. Cause that is all she seemed to do. The tears never stopping flowing from her eyes. They came in like waves crashing and thrashing against the cold sand. Violent and malicious as its currents ripped through her weak body.
Breathe.
Help. Kendra whispered. Alone she thought. I have no one. I had someone. She had someone. Betrayed she screamed. Left alone to rot in her sorrow. How.
Breathe.
How she thought. How could someone that she put so much trust into cast her down and betray her trust. How could the one person she loved and trusted stomp on her like a piece of dirt. Hatred.
Breathe.
Hatred for the one that hurt her. Hatred for the one that carried her through her life and kept her up. Only to tear her down when she needed her the most. When she had the only thing that was most important to her stolen. Broken. Love.
Breathe.
Love for her she still feels. But hatred. Sorrow. Fear. Fear that the love she has is to much. That her secrets will be exclaimed to all. Cast down she will be. Thrown aside to rot she will be.
Breathe.
Close my eyes. Close her eyes. Wallow in the pain you feel. Look at her skin. My skin. Branded with the violence. Beaten. Destroyed. Dead. No!
Breathe.
The light.
Breathe.
Kendra sees the light. I see the light. She stands there. In the darkness. Like an angel. Breathe
No like a god. Arms open. Forgiving. Eyes burning with love. A touch of hurt.
Breathe.
Kendra lied. I lied. She lied. Kendra was lied to.
Breathe.
Hurt she sees in the eyes of the angel. Love she sees in the arms open waiting for her to go running to. Fear. Fear of the angel. Who is the angel?
Breathe.
Love. Love she feels for the angel. Comfort. Love. Safety.
Breathe.
Safety. Safety she feels. Trust? Kendra doesn’t know the angel. The angel doesn’t know her. But trust? That’s the question that keeps her from throwing her body in the angels arms. Her heart.
Breathe.
Beats. Slowly and painfully. The angel sees. Takes her heart. Breathes it’s love and warmth. Warmth she feels. Her body no longer broken. No longer cold. Warm. PAIN. The cold hand returns.
Breathe.
Clawing with its dead fingers trying to desperately grab the warmth. To drink it up. Taken. Stolen. beaten. Forgotten. branded.
Breathe.
The cold hand holds the bloody heart in its dead colorless fingers. Mine. Mine it screams. Kendra. Broken. I’m broken.
Breathe.
Kendra lay under the willow. The angel still by her side. Why. Why stay. Why stay with a heartless broken girl. Stay.
Breathe.
Stay she whispers. I need you. I fear you. I love you. Don’t leave. The warmth returns. Only for a while, until the cold hand comes back for more.
Breathe.