A Bright Idea

I looked onto my laptop with my finger floating over the the "enter" key. I hesitate for a minute before closing my eyes and clicking the button. I just signed up to take my nursing entrance exam. This is supposed to be the big moment that changes my future. I get into this program, I begin my nursing career, the only problem is I don't want to be a nurse anymore. I never opened my eyes to the possiblity of having a change of opinion in what I wanted to do in life, I never understood that I had that luxury because I let fear control me. I thought, what the hell would I do if I decided not to become a nurse, what would I tell people when they asked me what I wanted to do instead, I don't know is not an answer. As I signed up for that exam, I knew what I needed to do, but chose not to do it anyway. I took that exam and failed on purpose and when people would ask I would just say that I didn't study long enough or I wasn't ready. When I walked out of that exam room, a weight was lifted off my shoulder and I breathed a breathe of fresh air thinking how happy I was that I came up with such a bright idea.