Cat and Mouse.

We play this game of cat and mouse. You look at me and I know your thoughts, for just a second our eyes connect. My cheeks flame red and I look away. But I know that you think of me, I know that I have crossed your mind. I play that song as I walk around, pacing, trying to clear my head. You look at me and I know that you are remembering. You’re remembering how it felt when my fingers lightly traced across your skin. You’re remembering how I played that song that night and you sang along with me making fun of it. You don’t have to say it; I can read it on your face. I look at you and again our eyes meet, I don’t look away though. I hold your gaze, deep down my stomach tugs, and now I’m remembering. I’m remembering how it felt with your lips on my throat. I’m remembering you showing me your favorite song and you sang along with your eyes bright. Now it’s your turn to look away; to turn away from the raw emotion that I know is plain on my face. Tears spring to my eyes but I push them back, you’re not allowed to see me cry. Your words tell me that it’ll never happen again, but your eyes contradict that. We play this game of cat and mouse. What’s going to happen next?