Changing Prejudice

Change, There are so many things that should change in our world. One, why are we prejudice? Why do we hate someone not like ourselves? Why are we quick to hate but slow to love? It shouldn't matter how someone looks or acts.

We need change!

We are after all visual creatures, do we have to rely on our prehistoric instinct though in this modern era? We cling to ideas that our fore fathers thought.

We need change!

Then we have this idea that if someone is different  then they are less. Treating people like dirt. If you are not a white God fearing Christian in the religion belt than you are an outcast, you are a leper.

We need change!

If standing out is a crime then we should just become like Oceana. We would all be guilty of thought crime. What if people had no personalities, the would be no colors in the world. Instead of living in a utopia we would live in a dystopia.

We need change!

Charles Babbage, whom created the first  computer, was called crazy and was told to give up. Did he let that bother him? No! Where would are technology be without him? Had he cave would we be this advanced?

We need change?

Should a child with a mental disorder be discouraged to learn because of this or should we give them the fighting chance to reach potential? We Should encourage any and every child to learn. Not judge them because of a disposition. Should they be treated like Charlie Gordan and Algernon, hoping treatment will make them "better". The flower only grows if there is sunlight and water. A child needs encouragement and food for the brain. They should not be labeled as handicapped or unteachable. 

We need change!

Why do we have brains but not think for ourselves? Why do we try to think what others want us too? We seek approval from people we should not. Is it important to ask for someone to approve of anything when they themselves are uneducated or close minded, Why should their opinion matter? We always try to do what society expects of us. We should break form the crowd not try to blend in.

We need change!

Someone's ethnicity, sexuality, or religion shouldn't matter when it comes to love.

We need change!

You can't see love, you feel it. Parents should love their regardless of how they feel. "Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; Children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death" Matthew 10:21 . Families tore apart because they can't accept what each other have done.

We need change!

Why do we argue and criticize others for their beliefs should we not seek to understand and accept. Is the majority of religion not belief that there is one God. Yet we argue over what to call them, and what they say is right and wrong. You decide what you think is right for yourself.

We need change!

Have we not learned form all the violence and war that acceptance is the only way. I'm not saying we should just forgive and forget, those are hard things to do. We should all seek to understand why this is happening. Humans are so quick to anger and judge, but are even slower to forgive. Rachel's Challenge is a challenge to get rid of prejudice. Can anyone person really accept this challenge? No? It after all our first instinct to make first judgment. We should learn to rethink this judgment and try to understand why we have the right to judge. Brantley Gilbert said in one of his songs "let the sinless man cast the first stone". That means only someone who has never made a mistake can judge, nobody can do this, It is inconceivable. We are all guilty of judging. So we should learn not to judge. We should teach ourselves and future generations acceptance.

We will change!