Dear Lord

Mon, 01/08/2018 - 06:29 -- eferg38

Dear Lord

I’m scared, excited, confused, tell me this is normal. Head not bowed, knees unfolded, I know this is a bit informal.

I have so many flaws and I’m afraid to be vulnerable. Will you teach me how to love again? I’m so uncomfortable.

End my insecurity, shield me from all doubt. Grant me the one thing I’ve lived my whole life without.

Make me approachable, gentle but wise. Strengthen my intuition, shelter me from all lies.

Aid and assist me so I can grow and improve. Keep my heart pure, make all my troubles go smooth.

Show me what I’m missing. Give me what I need. Teach me your ways. It is your word I heed.

I apologize for my doubts. I know it’s hardly fair for me to even question you knowing that you’re always there.

You’ve given me signs and guided me on my way. Yet, still I question every word that you say.

Who am I to second guess you like your plan is invalid? As if you didn’t precede me through every challenge.

I’m weak with my wants, quickly forget what I need. The Devil infiltrates my thoughts and I’m hesitant to proceed.

I want to be carefree and trust in you blindly. Why do I keep looking back at what should be behind me?

I’ve made so many mistakes. I’m still learning daily. I hesitate only with the one who would never betray me.

Lord, get me ready for all that you’ve planned. Guide me, hold me and love me. Teach me all that you can.

Help me to listen far more than I speak, to learn before teaching and to not overthink.

Make me confident and proud. Show me what all of this means. Don’t let me run from all of my dreams.

I want so much to be happy but what will it take? I’ve already been blessed with more than money can make.

I enjoy the new challenges as each one comes through. Maybe the biggest challenge yet has been me finding you.

For once, I’m on a path that brings me so much joy. Why do I question everything about this boy?

Could be he’s a Man and all of this is so new? I get lost in amazement of all that you do.

I know that you’re capable of healing the blind, making the sick well and saving all of man-kind.

None of that ever seems to matter. When it comes to me and love, I always think of the latter.

I need a point of reference, something to reflect on. Teach me to trust that I am more than enough for someone.

Say that there is someone that will laugh at my jokes, still love me when I’m crazy and not think twice if I’m broke.

Show me a man that thinks I’m pretty just waking up, without shower, without make-up, when I’m feeling rough.

Let him hold me and protect me from all I fear. The same comfort you give me so I know you’ll always be there.

Let his laughter do more for me than diamonds or gold. Let his love only grow for me as our story unfolds.

Lord, I am ready to conquer my fears. I want to confront all that’s held me back over the years.

Before I conclude, let me not sound ungrateful. I know every lesson for me hasn’t been hateful.

For every heartache I’ve been carried through, I’m so thankful that single set of footprints belonged to you.