Dear "Mr. Christian"

Dear “Mr. Christian”

Why wear a mask and hop on society’s wagon to conform?

Why bite your tongue at the opportunity to share the gospel to a stranger walking next to you just because it’s not the norm?

Why act like Christ is just a relief program and not the reform?

Devotion separates a fan of God and a follower of God,

One’s complete willingness to plant the seeds and lay down the sod,

To speak words and fulfill through actions rather than accept with a simple nod.

Some believe in order to be a Christian they must flee away from society and all its despair,

But really, one must be in the midst of it all and do what others do not dare,

To refuse isolation and to connect without the mask the most seem to always wear,

To see a face, know a name, and put your story out in the open to share,

So that one can look at you and a non-believer to compare,

In order for eyes to be opened and broken lives to begin the process of repair.

You see I am tired of all of these different Christian brands,

Of being labeled by the actions of a group of people walking in the name of Jesus but who more guilty in turning their backs on God than the murderer on the stand,

Of being labeled as conceited and self-righteous where no one in need of help could find it from me for it is like walking in no man’s land,

Because a clan of Christians never found it necessary to simply hold out a hand,

Of being labeled by an infrastructure and a building instead of the movement and the plan.

You see it seems that most Christians now choose when to put their life with Christ on display,

They’ll hide it in the beginning of the weekend, but oh they’ll be in the front row on Sunday,

Many are fooling everyone by the glamour on the outside while their insides decay,

I’m tired of this so called “Christian Life: Doing It Halfway.”

When you breathe your last breath, can you honestly say you left it all out on the court?

That you furthered the kingdom as much as you possibly could with not a single man short.

This life is not easy and it comes with a price,

I want Christians to change the brand by actually showing others the true meaning of a life with Christ.