Depression

Depression is the silent stalker which follows and haunts me each and everyday ruining everything I am. Cold and quiet like the winter breeze it follows me, dragging me down and destroying my life. Stop acting, you're doing it for attention, you don't have real problems. Words that cut deep into my heart because they were said by people I love.  I actually start to believe them because I hear it so much but I can't let them be right because they don't understand the struggle I put up with inside. Deep in my mind I'm screaming and crying, begging to be set free from this hell. On the outside I smile and laugh with friends hiding my pain so that no one can see how I really feel when I'm suffering. Too afraid to seek help I shut out the world and hide in my room, music full blast. I write down my feelings and thoughts starting slow then writing faster as my body fills with emotion and I begin to cry. I realize I'll never win and that it'll never truly get better. Hot tears rolling down my cheek and trickling off of my chin onto the paper which holds all my feelings. I stare blankly out the window at the bright smiling world then I think... How can I feel so desperate in a world like this. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.