Don’t judge me

Judging on the information You don’t knowI am who I amI have made mistakes, errorsJust like you I have made bad choices Just like you and othersBut you should not define me just by looking at my skin colorBecause I am who I amPushing heavy waves onto me won’t slow me downBecause I am the desire, wish,hope and expectation that my parents dreamt ofBeing black doesn’t determine who I am inside Don’t be surprised when I became successful because the color of my skin doesn’t and will never determine who I am inside Don’t judge me because of my skin colorI am black, so should I be a criminal?I am back, so must I feel angry most of the time?Feeling angry is like consuming the ash that comes out of a volcano which can give you health problem when you breath itI won’t let you and other people like you define who I amDon’t judge me, don’t judge meI may be as dark as a black panther or a coal,But one dayI will be the black bird flying in the bright and peaceful day representing freedom for all of my kind and others seeking freedom.