A Dream

Mon, 01/20/2014 - 22:53 -- Darryl7

Ever since I was young, I always dreamt to be something while others doubted me.

"Your too short... you don't have what it takes," but I believe you can be whatever you 

want to be.

This passion that grew within stuck to me like a brother I never had, like an identical twin 

that resembles me in everyway. 

I have this hunger for it that only I seem to understand because no one else can relate.

When hardships bully me, all I have to do is think about it... my own personal escape.

Day in and day out this passion grows bigger and bigger.

While there are lots of temptations out in the world… girls, parties, and peer pressure,

I am running away from all those things like if I were to hear the sound that occurs when

someone pulls a trigger.

This desire that was planted in me requires focus, determination, and hard work.

When walking down that dark tunnel, I keep my eyes on the light that lies ahead

because the things that are ready to pull me off course, constantly seem to lurk.

At times the people closest to me act as harsh movie critics.

I expect nothing but positivity from them but in certain instances they can be mean,

Statistics say my chances are slim to none but I believe you can be whatever you want to 

be.