An Etcha Sketch of a Tree

The way we see ourselves is a very powerful thing. It not only builds or breaks the fortress around us it allows others to step into our realms and puncture our castles. It displays vulnerability and hides destruction. These things can come and go like the rain in the clouds. It can release at any moment and come pouring down. These droughts can affect not only the spot the drops first land but the city around it. It spreads like a wild fire and if not taking it all, somehow hits every single thing. Whether it be through the lack of oxygen in the air, the pollution, the loss of something, or the simple fright it causes when seen on the news. It takes a toll on society and slowly creeps its way in to each and every being. The way we let it burn is by continuing to fuel it with rumors and gossip, judgment and close minds. These insecurities in ourselves reflect the things we do, the person we are and the person we will become. Most cope in a strange way and bash on others who have the same weaknesses as ours or what we see to be worse. These things like karma circle and recycle in the roots of our generations. They sharpen or inflate those to come and injure our very own. These things we see as normal yet they are foreign objects. Placed but not meant to be planted; we do unto our own. These seeds must not be watered.