Even Though I Said I Wouldn't

EVEN THOUGH I SAID I WOULDN'T

Even though I said I wouldn't go back to his ways, his yelling screaming and pounding. I said I wouldn't let him touch me until he got tested. Even though I said I wouldn't let him whisper soft loving things in my ear, then tell me later I'm trash.

Even though I said I wouldn't let him back in time and time when the cops chased him and locked him down. I wouldn't let him step all over me, and use my body like his own personal toy. Even though I said , I wouldn't I let him beat me because I have lost all my power in fighting back. If I gave up he would too. I let him tell me what and who to do, and where to go.

I let him tug on my inspiration that wouldn't fight back and erase my dreams that cried endlessly. Even though I said I wouldn't let him back in I did. When I lied to my friends "he's sober now". I cried at night almost every night, I felt alone, dirty, and used. Even though I said I wouldn't let him back in after picking up my own pieces. Even though I said I wouldn't doesn't mean that I meant it. Even though I said I wouldn't write this, but I wrote it anyways. So if you’re reading this I'M DEAD NOW , EVEN THOUGH I SAID I WOULDN'T LET HIM KILL ME , I DID IT MYSELF

D’asia M.

D'asia97

WE WANTED MORE

We wanted more passion, when you said those three words, that wrapped us up in blankets. We wanted more hugs that felt so soft on our skin that it would not rub off. We wanted more soft kisses that touched our lips when we were afraid to think they were real. We wanted more time, we wanted more silence. We wanted less tears and more smiles that filled the room like light. We wanted more I love you and I’ll never leave you. We wanted more than excuses. We wanted a heart that beats from one side of the world to the other. We wanted crowded rooms that distracted us from the rest of the world. We wanted more trust. We wanted closed locks with secret keys.