EVERYTHING IS NOT AWESOME... BUT IT CAN BE

I'm seriously, sitting silently stationed so close to my sofa in this sobering sunny day in Arizona.

Call me crazy, cuz consequently the curtains closed in my home state with a cascade of dark clouds coloring the sky, 

This is why everything is awesome. Rain can majestically fall out of the blue sky in the hottest state of America and bring life to the dead. 

However, sometimes I weep in bed. For all the people around the world that go entire days only eating a slice of bread. For all the starving children and orphans around the world that go unfed. For all of the injustice occurring in the world that remains unsaid. So, how do we have the audacity to proclaim that everything is awesome? Are we alright in the head?

EVERYTHING IS NOT AWESOME...and that's fine. Fine like a fine tooth comb, placed next to your hair products in your cozy, comfotable home. Fine like a fine pen. Which was sent down to from the heavens with one command to men. Write. Now that, is awesome. 

As a society today, we strive towards perfection but forget that it is our imperfections, that perfectly make us perfect creations. 

Although everything is not awesome, we can try to break down the barriers built between us and our neighbors, blocking a connection to someone so close to us, yet so far away. Sadly, nowadays the only information we know about our neighbors is their WiFi network per se.

We're so engrossed with our devices and continuously look down at our phones, missing out on seeing that pretty girl that makes your heart hurt with a sea of emotions. Do you see what I'm saying? 

Everything is not awesome, but we can start to be.

We can start to treat everyone with respect, listen more than we speak, and act on what we believe in.  We have two ears and only one mouth, and that's for a reason. 

I will always cling to the notion that we can be better. And it starts with ourselves. 

Make everyday different from the previous so we can spice up our lives and meet our soulmate. Or maybe just an Australian guy with an accent, sorry mate. 

As a poet that was once afraid to speak due to all of his insecurities, I have transfomed like Optimus Prime into a Transformer or Chris Brown or that litte caterpillar that changed into a butterfly within the blink of an eye. 

We can all  transform and change the world to be a palace for every creation. 

And it all starts with ourselves.