Finding Myself

Thu, 01/11/2018 - 14:12 -- Indira

I'm the type of person who finishes all their homework on a Friday night so they can enjoy their Saturday. I no longer procrastinate. Some call me an overachiever and others call me a nerd. I'm a bit of both. I love to learn only if it will benefit myself and others. I love shopping but I hate spending money. I'd rather go to the movies with a friend or a kid than go alone. I'm a chocolate lover, not the dark kind. I've always had a sweet tooth. Some say it explains my personality while others say it's the reason I got all these cavities. I get all these fillings and the pain still won't go away. I always wonder if life was the same. People come and go but memories always stay. I'm strong but yet I crumble when something doesn't go my way. I'm not selfish but sensitive, which explains why I'm so angry on the inside all the time. Because people don't understand. I'm quiet but that doesn't mean I can't get loud. I'm not a pushover you can't just walk all over me whenever you feel like it. Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. Just because I get A's and B's in school doesn't mean I'm not struggling myself. Don't call me your best friend if you never ask me how I'm doing. All this coffee and I still get red eyes and wrinkles from working too much. I deserve a break even if I'm the only one who thinks so. I enjoy sitting alone during windy warm weather. I enjoy the laughter of my family. I enjoy praying to God; only his presence can truly calm me. Only he understands what I can't say out loud. Long road trips are my favorite. Taking pictures of the sunset and people laughing makes me happy. I believe I have a beautiful heart. I’m not oppressed. I’m proud of who I’m becoming. Even though the destination is long, the journey is always worth it.