Flaming and Flawless

Growing up in a rural town, a child is planted in a foundation based on a few societal beliefs

That God is the only un-defyable truth in life and societal obedience defines your worth

And as a male, you are expected to be tough and told that your self-worth is no greater than the manliness of your own bark

But that is not who I am

I am the boy who prefers the dramatics of the stage to the brutality of a football field

I am the guy who'd rather paint a mural or make a dress than hunt for deer

I am the soul who enjoys the melodic sounds of a musical over the explosive action of a movie thriller

I am a being who accepts defeat with humility and feels no attack to my own personal capabilities

I am the man who prefers the feel of another man's strong arms around me over the gentle caress of a women's touch

This is who I am

And not only did I wake up like this, I came in this world like this, Flaming and Flawless

I am not diseased contrary to popular beliefs

I am not corrupted

I am not this way by choice but my nature

I am inferior to no man

I will change for no one

I will hang my head up high and walk as a unicorned stallion among men

I will let my flame burn bright in the presents of any and all I encounter

And I hope I can help light the way for others hidden in the darkness of other's lies

I will love who I love and live life as my heart desires

I wake up like this, my essence and passion as fiery as a Phoenix, each morning of my existence

And I will leave this world like this, just as I came into it

Flaming and Flawless