Follow, In 60 Years

Mon, 05/26/2014 - 22:52 -- e.rich

I’m not staying. I cannot remain still when my mind is racing with thoughts of you.

Life is not a problem to be solved but a mystery to be lived. I am going away; I am running to solve my mystery and to forgive.

I do not want you to follow. Let me be, let me go not find a way.

I don’t want to think of you all the time so I’m going to run to places to think of you always. I’m going away to not feel you in my heart so I’m running to places to feel you forever.

No one will be there but thoughts in my mind. No fences, no walls, no cares; just me as I prepare.

I’ll take care of myself and when I can’t, I’ll look up to the sky.

I don’t want to hear your voice, so I’m going somewhere so I can hear it in the wind. I don’t want to see your face so I’m running to see it in the sunset.

I’m tired. The thunder is in the distance and the storm is passing. I’m not going to chase it; it was never everlasting.

I’m going to run to a place of beauty, of silence, of peace and ask to be a star; to be released.

I will become a star and then you can look up at me as I look down on you.

You can see my face in the clouds, feel my breath with the wind, taste my kiss with the rain, and hear my voice in the storm.

I’ll watch you live as you see me live forever in the sky.

I’m going, do not follow, do not cry. Look up, as I say good bye.