Four Simple Things

•  An escape from everything // Away from the hatred of the world // Away from the terrors of the world // Away from the hypocrites of the world // To feel good is to feel happy // Find happiness and you shall feel peace.

• "How do you do it?" You ask. // "Four simple things." I answer.

•  Companions // Sharing smiles all around // "How are you?" // A truthful reply // They will never let me down // My happiness comes from them

•  Those who share my blood // Seeing through my facade // Knowing what is wrong // It's an act of God // They assure me that I am strong // My happiness comes from them

•  Literary adventures // What would I do without them? // Fantasies of other worlds // Or history that happened not too long ago // From the present to another time //  From the earth to another realm // My happiness comes from them 

•  Musical relief // Words trickle from my mouth // Fingers moving of their own accord //  Emotions coming through // Allowing me to express my feelings // My happiness comes from them 

•  An escape from everything // Away from the hatred of the world // Away from the terrors of the world // Away from the hypocrites of the world // To feel good is to feel happy // Find happiness and you shall feel peace.