head in the sand

Thu, 08/11/2016 - 21:11 -- sudanna

Canada

As I leave my house I grab my bible and look around, up from the ground the ground I've been staring at my whole life, never seeing those around me only what I wanna see.
and what I see is horrendous I see hate and disgust towards those that aren't us, but what I see is what the world is not supposed to be, 
for when we look at the others it's spells nothing but trouble but for them but never for us,
I hear curse words and mean terms terrorist and nazi
but what I don't understand is that if our god is so right then why do we need to bully others 
no respect and no love we the people are no longer one. 
we are the Pepsi and coke of the world not all that different but never the same
and the wounds must always be so very tender for when we slash at each other with hate and viscousness we are holding the sword backward for all our hateful  fodder brings us farther from our father but their pain only brings them closer. I put my head down back to the ground so I can pretend I never looked up for maybe one day there will be no more hate but today is not that day and I have no pull in the matter. so i just bury my head in the sand

Poetry Slam: