Help Me Love Myself

I will be honest with you I have not known love

That flutter of the heart, flight of butterflies, plight of the soul

Some people have an innate ability to see the good in people

I’m more of a glass is half empty and you better try to fill it yourself type person

I easily see the reproach in people, the fallacies, the hamartia. Most easily in myself.

I imagine love to be the opposite of my current state

I want a love I have never known.

I want a love that will heal me.

So this is to you, that soul out there, that soul out there that matches mine. That soul I have yet to find.

Because I love you, I will be able to give myself to you.

Because I love you, you will make me smile

Because I love you, you will make me laugh

Because I love you I will allow you to see me cry; I will allow you understand why.

Because I love and you love me we will be two souls intertwined.

Because I love and you love me, we will lose ourselves in each other until there is no each other, only us.

And everything I give you, you will reciprocate in kind. Every emotion, every love deserves an equal and opposite devotion. That has long been known.

Because I love you I will need you. I will need you to hold me when I need to be held; to force comfort upon me when I deny your arms around me. Because I love you I will love you.

Because I love you and you love me I will learn to love myself.

And that’s the point of it all isn’t it? To be with someone who will cherish you and support you and grow with you until you can grow yourself.

Because I love you I will love myself.

I may be inexperienced but I am no fool. Love is not eternal, only one relationship is. The relationship you have with yourself.

Because I love you I should love myself