Her

Her. 

She was the girl who was filled with so much joy; so much love; so much life. She was everyone's best friend. She loved it all. She loved those subjects in school, you know math and science; the really challenging ones. Whenever she saw an obstacle, she took it head-on and faced it like another adventure. 

Oh man, she was the greatest. She was so beautiful; so sweet. It was a little ironic how she saw the beauty in everything but herself. It would make her day when she could make at least one person smile;let alone a crowd.

She would walk around with this big, huge smile on her face every day. She was my favorite little kid. She would look for worms under rocks and frogs around streams. She would jump, run, and fall down. No matter how many bruises she covered herself with, she always had that big gleaming smile on her pretty face. Every time I think of her, I smile. She reminds me of how I used to be. Filled with so much love to give the world, now empty.

A part of me still thinks she’s out there, having amazing adventures, waiting to be found. Another part hopes she’s truly okay. She would have wanted nothing less of what the world is, and somehow she ended up free in her own mind; her own world.

Her life had no dull moments. It was just as beautiful as the sunrise in the morning, or watching the waves wash up against the sand on a gorgeous sunny day. Spending an evening just looking at all the stars. I bet she looks at them, while they're just shining down for her. It was all her in every way. She was so still and perfect. 

I miss her. 

Jennifer Cataldo

beautiful