Him or Me?

Sometimes I think life would be easier to go through if I had that "Ride or Die" by my side. But he never seems to stay in the same place. When I need him the most he isn't there. When I need him to tell me how beautiful I am, and will always be... he is never near. But I look at this at a different perspective, and I thank God for sending him on his new directive because I don't need him. At the end of the day I only have myself to look to. At the end of the day I'm the only one who can lift myself up from the shallow, swampy musk of life. I wish I had him with me, to hold me tight and whisper those sweet nothings in my ear, but I thank God more and more every day that he keeps him away. I thank God that my independence is slowly growing, and my true beauty is finally showing because I am alone. I'm without a him in my life. I'm finally just me. Well a broken down me slowly getting the repairs in the adult shop. I look back on life and think of all the time I wasted on hims, when I needed to be looking on how to make myself a better her, a better me, a better Daisy. Slowly growing and blossoming like the fresh flowers in Spring. Showing my colors bright and true even through Fall. Sometimes I think life would be easier with a "Ride or Die" by my side, but I look around and realize that my life will never be easier until I learn to mold myself into the flower I was born to be.