Home

Have you ever had a moment where you kinda just think

This isn't where I'm supposed to be

And you're just not where you want to be.

Because something happens, the way the air feels or the way something sounds and you just take a time out

Because it brought back some untouchable memory of when you felt at home, felt as if you were happy.

You take a break from everything, from life.

You just sit there and you take in every aching moment of that nostalgia.

Every quiet part and every noise. You take a deep breath, like handfuls, of that fresh air and just think,

That it's wrong, the way you're living isn't what you want. It's not right.

Do you ever feel like that?

It makes you want to cry because this isn't the life you're supposed to be living.

But you can't do anything about it because this is your life now.

It's too hard to just pick it up and change it to what makes you happy for the moment.

Because you're afraid.

But to sit, right in that moment, where the air is just right; It's not hot but it's not cold and there is a breeze.

You can hear the sound of the wind in hushed tones tickling the hanging chimes in the distance.

The sun isn't bright but it's golden and casting shaddows along the deep green grass.

The air smells like summers, with lingering smell of barbecue and cut grass, the times where things were simple.

But sitting there, you don't feel as if you're there, because your mind is elsewhere.

Where you are at isn't home for your soul, but where your mind is, that is home.

And you know that but you don't know what to do about it.

And that aches.