I Am NOT My Mental Illness

I Am... Scholarship Slam

I am the girl who never seemed to be alone in the halls

I am the stranger with the goofy smile that you remember in your freshman class

I am the patient classmate who helped you study for tests in class

I am the wild friend who seemed to live life to the fullest and knew no limits

I am the girl who had faith in you when you had already given up on yourself

I am the girl who you spent your adventurous humid summer days with

I am the girl who held a million different worlds on her shoulders but never seemed to complain

I am the best friend you knew was like no other in this gorgeous galaxy

I am the girl who warmed the deepest parts of your soul like sweet cherryblossoms sprouting through snow

I am the girl who seemed to interchange masks at the sight of her breath in the frigid air

I am the girl who occasionally hid parts of her body underneath mile long strips of gauze

I am the love interest who tasted the desire in your breath on lonely winter nights

I am the girl who started walking alone in the halls

I am the stranger with the makeshift smile that you found brand new

I am the patient classmate who you no longer share classes with senior year

I am the wild friend who seems to be too busy with life to spend any time to live it

I am the girl who had wasted all her faith on others without leaving any for herself

I am the girl who became less entertained with summer adventure

I am the girl who dragged her own world by chains but never seemed to complain

I am the girl who seemed to be fighting  a battle within herself that still warmed the deepest parts of your soul like sweet cherryblossoms sprouting through snow

I am the indecisive girl who frantically juggled her masks uncontrollably at the sight of her breath in the frigid air

I am the girl who occasionally said “goodbye” at the strangest times

I am the love interest who left a bitter taste in your mouth after each kiss on lonely winter nights

I am the girl you no longer see in the halls

I am the stranger with the lasting memory of absolute happiness released through silky pink lips

I am the patient classmate who you fondly remember each time you enter a classroom

I am the wild friend who got caught up in the havoc of life and collapsed under it all

I am the girl who had no more faith to give or save for herself

I am the girl who became more interested in summer hope and recovery

I am the girl who had dragged her world down with everyone in it by mental illness but never seemed to complain

GiselleNC22

.