I am who I am

I am what I am, I was born and raised in the United States, but others wouldn’t define me as American. I am what I am, I don’t have the stereotypical “white skin,” but I can still be successful,  I am what I am, I have African blood and Middle Eastern Spirit, I am what I am, defined by others but not myself, I am what I am, I am American for being born in Utah, but depending on definition people would say otherwise, I am what I am and understand that no person is from only one place, I am what I am, and I wish to trace back my roots all the way from the beginning, I am what I am and if I look back to history before me I see I am made up of a bit of everything, I am what I am, I am American, but racism and prejudice still exists, I am what I am and I know that something as simple as the way I dress has an affect on the treatment I receive regardless of the declaration of independence stating “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,” I am what I am and wish for equality,  Despite the fact that people acknowledge the declaration of independence, I am what I am but I don’t skip over the fact that All men are created equal, I am what I am I look back and see, the struggles people fought for equality, I am what I am but my fight isn’t over, People still fight in other parts of the world for peace I am what I am and I am Gaza's cries for peace and equality, I am Strong, but not strong enough to stop world hunger, I am what I am but I can make a difference, even if it is the smallest, I am what I am and I aspire to change the world, I am what I am and I’m not gonna be satisfied until I change one thing for the better. I am what I am and I still think world peace can be achieved.