I Am...Selfless

Sun, 11/01/2015 - 16:15 -- druss7

I Am... Selfless When I sit and think of who I am, I ponder long and hard, I'd like to think I've been the one whose always been on guard. My dad left mom when I was five, leaving three kids behind, From that point on, being the only boy, pressure I would surly find. Although my mom has been my rock, she's depended greatly upon me, To be the man, of what is left of my divided family. From South Carolina to Tennessee, I left everything I knew, My dad, my grandparents, my memories, the thought seemed so untrue. As time went on, and things got hard, it didn't take long to see, Sacrifices needed to be made, and I knew it should start with me. I worked real hard to make good grades, to make mom proud of me, To be the man, that she raised up, to be what my dad chose not to be. So as I sit here thinking over how my life has been, I thank my God for every day and for the heart that He did mend.