I Appreciate You.

I appreciate you

If it weren’t for you. If it weren’t for your constant pushing and strictness, I would not be where I am today. If it weren’t for all the early wake up calls and all the “You got this, it will all be worth it” talks, I would not be as motivated. Coming from a family where I will be the first generation to attend college, it can sometimes feel like a big pressure on my shoulders to make sure everything is done right. To ensure a bright future, to make my family proud and to be able to go to college and finally say “I made it”. Although this does feel like it would be a big pressure, I know it is something I will be able to accomplish. If it weren’t for my mom I would most definitely not be where I am today. She was not able to go to college, and did not complete high school. However, she is my mentor and my best friend. She has shaped me into the person I am today and I am aware that nothing would make her happier than to see me succeed. She has been working as a waitress for a mexican restaurant and she tells me constantly that I need to study hard enough so that I do not regret it when I am older. She tells me, “I am working to fulfill someone else’s dream. I want you to study and work hard enough so that you work doing something YOU love, not something someone else does.” That is what has impacted my life and it will be something I can always remember. She works extremely hard as a single mother of 4 girls to provide for us, and she still manages to spend time with us, and makes sure we have everything we need. One day, I will be able to tell her that everything I am doing, is for her. When I graduate from high school, it will be for her. When I become a nurse, it will all be for her. At the end of it all, she has sacrificed so much for my sisters and I, it is the least she deserves. I love you mom, and I appreciate you.

iedelatorre

I love it. Really shows how much you value all the sacrifices your mom has made for you. 

iedelatorre

Great!