I Fell

I fell in something I thought was love But what we had felt nothing like the “love” I've heard of  What we had started destroying the best parts of me And as I continue falling, my light will continue fading Losing the light that I thought you would make brighter                I fell in something I believed was love But then again maybe I didn’t fall, maybe I jumped right in Like a person diving into the deep vast blue But the ocean I’ve fallen in isn't filled by the waters of rain  It's charged by the salted waters of my newly found pain  I fell in something I named compassionate love But now I don’t even understand why I ever did I tried to be the light in your world, but instead you changed me Your darkness spreaded turning my kind heart cold Turning me into the insecure, guarded being that I am now    I fell in something that ended in heartbreak But then again I blame myself more than I could ever blame you Maybe I fell too hard and too easily Maybe I was just too young and naïve But that “love” we had is now gone And my falling for you in now done